Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bibim-Bar

I've been craving for spicy food lately and I just couldn't stop thinking about the Korean spicy rice cakes. To give a new place a shot, J and I met up and headed to Bibim-Bar.

This Korean restaurant is located behind a ramen shop. If it weren't for their small sign in the front, I would've never known a place existed. With a large flat screen right above the bar, the place was quite dim. The TV was playing Korean music performances which is quite entertaining if you're the type that follows the Korean entertainment industry.

Teok-Bokee
Rice cake smothered in spicy sauce. I thought the sauce was way too thick, like they just emptied a whole bottle of hot sauce into the dish. But I really like the consistency of the rice cake, chewy and dough-y.

Japchae
Another favorite Korean dish of mine, potato noodles sauteed with vegetables and slices of beef. I just love how light it taste and the noodle has a bit of "spring" to it when you bite it.

Marinated Beef Rib Eye Dolsot Bibim Bap
Hot stone bibim-bap is another staple of Korean dishes. Rice along with vegetable and meat, throw in some hot sauce and mix it all together, and don't forget the egg! Almost taste like fried rice but Korean-style.

Bibim-Bar isn't a bad place but because it's located in the back of a ramen shop, not a lot of people would know about it. The food isn't bad and the space is quite large too. I also see a door that leads to the backyard...

Bibim-Bar
141 1st Ave
New York, NY 10003

No comments:

Post a Comment