Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ed's Lobster Bar

I finally have the time to catch up on my post now since work is slowing down. Tax season was a pain and definitely tough but it's finally over, for now.

J and I went to Ed's Lobster Bar Annex near the Lower East Side. We were hoping there wouldn't be as much people at this location since the other one was at Lafayette Street, a total tourist trap.

We sat in the back where we were able to sit oustide and get some fresh air. Mind you, this was still in March so as the night got darker it starting getting a bit chilly.


We started with a selection of oysters. I don't think I ever know what kind of oysters I eat, west or east coast, I just eat them. I like that briny and fishy-ness from the oysters, pity how fast they go though.
Crudo Selection - Tuna
I don't think I really had crudo before, J explained it to me and it's such a simple process. Crudo means olive oil and sea salt with the cut of fish or meat being sliced thinly. Can't get any simpler than that, plus it was actually good. Simplicity is the key.

Mussels in Lobster Broth and Fennel
I find that whenever we head to a restaurant, if there's mussel, we're getting it. I know J loves mussels and the fact that it was in lobster broth totally got me sold. I like how big the portion is for this and it was only $10. And you get bread that was soaked in butter to dip into the broth. That is just amazing and genius.

Seared Day Boat Scallop

Special of the Night - 3 sliders (lobster burger, skate, fried oyster)
I had the scallops while J had the special. For once, I think I got the better end of the bargain here. I love scallops and pairing it with sauteed spinach and mashed potato was perfect. The scallops were just slightly overcooked, just slighty. But the overall dish was definitely good.

J's sliders were a hit and miss. The best was the fried oyster, the other two lack susbtance and/or flavor. Oh, if you love fries then you're in for a treat here, they give a shit-load of fries with your order.

I like Ed's Lobster Bar, but I also know that it could've been better. I think there's 3 locations and each location has a different menu, I'm determined to head over to the Lafayette one and try it out. Their menu was actually more appealing to me but hey... no complaints since it was a nice meal either way.

Ed's Lobster Bar
25 Clinton St
Manhattan, NY 10002
(212) 777-7370


No comments:

Post a Comment