Thursday, November 29, 2012

Vietnam: Pho Le

I never considered going to get Pho for breakfast because it's usually a lunch or dinner meal for me in the states. Pho Le, a quite spacious restaurant was packed in the morning around 8am. My family ended up coming here another time because it was that good.

The first time, we sat on the ground floor with just fans blowing at us. The second time around we venture up the stairs where the air conditioners were - heaven.

Pho Le specializes in pho and just pho. I find that a lot of restaurants/shops in Vietnam specializes in one particular item rather than your typical Vietnamese restaurants in the states where they sell a heck of different items.


I had the Pho Thap Cam aka combination bowl with everything, your equivalent to a #1 or Pho Xe Lua in the states. It was the best pho I've had in my life.


I can't get over the fact that there's a big plate of bean sprouts and herbs on the table. I absolutely love adding those veggies to my bowl.

The soup was a lot clearer in taste (if you know what I mean), it doesn't have that msg taste. Instead it has a fresh and heavy beef flavor which felt so pure to the taste buds. The noodles were a bit on the soft side but I can drink the soup all day long. Pho will never taste the same again after Vietnam...


And if you're curious as to where this shop is, I did take a photo of the wet-nap with the address at the bottom. These wet-naps cost 1,000VND, even though it doesn't cost much, roughly 5 cents in the states, I learned to just bring my own tissues/napkins (it's a lot more convenient since most places don't even have wet-naps).

No comments:

Post a Comment