Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Hong Kong: Wonton Noodles - Part 2

Arriving at this specific wonton noodle shop was a bit of a hike. There was a lot of slopes and "mini" stairs in the sidewalks. But we finally found Mak's Noodle 麥奀雲吞麵世家, the one where Anthony Bourdain visited when he was in HK.


Shared a small round table with another fellow HK-er. Menu is in Chinese but no worries, they do have an English menu for non-Chinese speakers.


The pre-stack bowls, extremely tiny bowls.


Two Wonton Noodles and a plate of veggies again. J likes the veggie here, I prefer the other wonton place better.


The bowl, like I said was extremely small. If I didn't watch myself, I could've finished it in 3 bites. Soup base was good though and the noodles were cooked perfectly. They should put up different bowl sizes for different price so I can just order the big one.


Wonton was nice and plump but I wish it was made with translucent dumpling skin, that would've been cool. Otherwise, wonton wasn't anything special. The wow factor was in the broth and noodles. Plus, I would've liked it more if the bowl was bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment