Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekday Lunch: Eddie's Pizza Truck

I'm so glad I didn't bring lunch into work today because Eddie's Pizza Truck was parked literally right outside of my building. This isn't the first time they were here but all the other times I would always have lunch. Believe me, it was very tempting but I had no choice.

But today, it was my chance. I trek down and ordered my first bar pizza ever. They have a lunch special that was only $10 which consist of a pie of bar pizza with any one topping, salad or cookie, and soda or water. I think that's quite a bargain, cause pizza around the FiDi area is not cheap at all. Lucky me, I didn't have to wait on line since there was no line to begin with. I ordered myself the lunch special with mushrooms, salad, and a coke. Man, the soda bombed my healthy streak. The wait for the pizza to cook was probably around 5-7 minutes, not too bad.

Hopping on the elevator all giddy, I just couldn't wait to eat it. I opened the box and it was like "whoaaaaaa."



I think they did a pretty good job with my mushrooms. I mean, I don't want my entire pizza to be covered in mushrooms even though I do love them. The crust was extremely good, as thin as a tortilla which is absolutely fantastic. I loved how the cheese overrides the crust, a good pizza should be packed with cheesy goodness.


It's an adult sized personal pizza. Nothing compared to the Pizza Hut personal pies. This will knock it upside down because the quality is that much better. If you have some time to spare and want some good pizza, give Eddie's a shot.

For info on where the truck is, either follow them on twitter or check it out on their website.

Eddie's Pizza Truck
New York, NY
(917) 439-7522 

1 comment:

  1. Yum, delicious! I'm always looking for good eating options downtown as well :)

    ReplyDelete