Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dos Caminos

It's been a long while since I've posted. January is almost more than halfway through and it feels like the year just started yesterday. Lots have happened, but now it's time to get back on track and continue this journey of food.

This post was a bit overdue, my bestie, J and I went to Dos Caminos for the purpose of exchanging our Christmas gifts. We ended up eating there, having a great time and opened our gifts elsewhere.
It also happens to be one of the nights where you see endless Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus roaming around.

J made sure to make reservations and we got seated immediately. Our waitress was very sweet and catered to us really well.

Chip & Complementary Dips
The waitress insisted we ordered their freshly made guacamole. I'm ok with avocado but guac I never really had and when I did try it, it was bland so I was skeptical about ordering the guac.

Guacamole
And boy, am I glad she made us ordered it. It was insanely fresh and tasted so good. Very spring-like feeling and the textures of the tomato gave the dish a crunch and the lime gave it a zesty kick. Works really well with the chips.



I can't recall the names of the 3 cocktail drinks above but they were quite tasty. I don't think you'll go wrong with any drinks you order here.

Ceviche Trio
Delightfully fresh tasting. Each one had a unique taste to it. Tuna, lobster and the red snapper all mixed in with herbs, lime juice, and some extra sauce for some kick truly did it for me.

Farmers Market Vegetable Quesadilla
Lamb Chops - special
Salmon - special
J and I both chose from the specials menu of the night because we were just so intrigued when the waitress started describing the dishes. I had the salmon and it was cooked perfectly. Nice crust on the outside and the meat was flaky and not dry. Although, the yuca and potato fries on the bottom was burnt which took away the experience for me. If you can't even make a side dish like vegetables on par then your entire dish is just mediocre when even though the salmon and sauce was on point. I just feel that simple things like vegetables should not be screwed up.

I like Dos Caminos and I think I'll return for the guacamole. Maybe I'll stick with the tacos next time.

Dos Caminos
373 Park Ave S
New York, NY 10016
(212) 294-1000

1 comment:

  1. i miss ur food posts, and i luv mexican food..although my stomach doesnt...if quoting the hubby he'd say everytime after mexican food you fee like u got punched in stomach...but you go eat there anyway because the flavour is good...sadly we dont have alot of mexican restaurant in toronto...when we are downtown, we just got for Chipotle...i luv guacamole though..probably because i like the texture of avocado very much...anyways, great post~~~i luv it~~~


    Jessy
    threenothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete