Thursday, February 9, 2012

Matsukado (Closed)

Sadly to say that Matsukado is no longer open, it actually closed down some time during 2010. J and I only had the opportunity to go their once out of a spontaneous last minute decision.

It was definitely memorable, there was something about eating there that I didn't forget -- hence the writing of it now.


Matsukado was different. The atmosphere and the interior design was very intriguing. But it was empty when we arrived. It was about 7pm, dinnertime and the only people in the restaurant were us and the staffs. We still stayed and order because the waitress was just so friendly and well-mannered. Now I know why this place was memorable, the waitress kept apologizing every time she came over to our table. It was funny, not annoying.

Kurobuta Sausage

Lightly pan-seared sausages. Extremely flavorful and also oily.


From what I remember, deep-fried sushi? J and I will eat anything deep-fried so we gave it a shot. With sushi being deep-fried, you have to eat it right away because the longer you wait the less crunchy it'll be.



If only I have the memory of a genius, but I don't. A rice dish that accompanied the ramen that we ordered. Fried egg with meat over rice and a dash of soy sauce, that was enough to satisfy me.


The ramen isn't the best looking but it was different. It had bean sprouts that not a lot of ramen shop give and also the egg when cut into half has ridges on it. Little details like these really matters.

It's such a shame that Matsukado has been closed for 2 years, and they were only open for 4 months. But I'm glad I was able to experience it before it actually closed down... forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment