Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Brunchin' @ Cafe Mogador

Ever since I tried hummus for the first time (thanks to my beloved J), I absolutely fell in love with it. Yes I was skeptical at first but it's one of those time where it was love at first taste. J and I visited Cafe Mogador for dinner before and it was definitely memorable. The food was amazing even though there was a bit of a wait.

As for brunch, we did wait for a table for about 10 minutes. Not so bad.

The reason for returning was definitely the hummus. I just couldn't stop thinking about it.


Started off with a Bloody Mary ($7) and Blood Orange Mimosa ($7). I'm not crazy about the Bloody Mary, never was and never will be. The Blood Orange Mimosa wasn't so great, tasted a lot of citrus than alcohol.


The perfect plate of brunch. The Middle Eastern Eggs ($10) included hummus, tabouli, salad and eggs any style you want. I love me some sunny-side ups. This was the perfect portion for a hungry Asian girl that was craving for some hummus.


J had the Moroccan Eggs ($10), with 2 poached eggs in spicy tomato sauce and home fries.


The eggs looks like it was poached in heaven or something. It didn't lose the consistency of the whites at all and the yolk was spilling out perfectly.


I really enjoyed the homefries. Crispy skin and soft flesh, seasoned really well with salt and pepper. One of the best homefries I've had in a long time.

I've been here twice and the food has yet to disappoint. The wait might be long but it's definitely worth it.

Cafe Mogador
101 St Marks Pl
New York, NY 10009
(212) 677-2226

No comments:

Post a Comment