Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Georgian Bread - it's nice to have the pizza without the sauce

For most of my life, I lived in the neighborhood but never went to Georgian Bread to get what they're most famous for, the bread. There is so much hype about this place and their cheese bread, was it that good? Finally, when I don't live around the area anymore, I made J drove us there, just to get some bread.

They open late, around 9pm and thankfully they still have some cheese bread handy.


I admit, I was a bit scared when I entered the shop because I knew the owner didn't speak English well, I was afraid of that barrier. But it turns out he was so friendly, smiling all the while we ordered. Me, not knowing how big the cheese bread are aka Khachapuri ($6), asked him and he just pointed to the spot where 4 sits. They were huge, more than 12 inches in diameter I assume. I made the decision of getting 3 since I've heard comments from people saying how they regret not getting more.


The khachapuri was warm and heavy. It's no joke, there's generous amount of cheese. So soft and pillow-y, I think J and I can eat this all night long with a good glass of wine. It seriously taste like pizza without the marina sauce. Had the right amount of salt and cheese.

It's a great snack, I'm think it'll go great with any spreads and dips. If you're ever in the area, definitely give this bread a shot. It's so delicious and different.

Georgian Bread
265 Neptune Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
(718) 332-8082

No comments:

Post a Comment