Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Recipe: Bacon & Eggs over Pasta

I like eggs. I like bacon. And I feeling for some pasta.

So, why not whip something that incorporates all of that? I sure ended up doing that.

Ingredients:
- spaghetti (any pasta you prefer)
- eggs
- bacon
- fried dried onions
- salt
- pepper
- Italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- oil


I didn't notice how little the ingredients were until I took a photo of it and it looks so simple. I'm determine to add more ingredients next time.


I started with dicing up my bacon into small pieces. I cooked them on a pan over low heat until they're crispy brown. It feels a lot like mini frying them. The aroma of the bacon literally filled up the room instantly!


That's how crispy and brown it should look afterward. If you don't like it crispy, then feel free to cook it just enough that it's not raw.


In the meantime, I just threw some spaghetti in a pot to let it cook. I only cook for one person (myself) so you can adjust accordingly to how many people you're feeding.


While the spaghetti is cooking, in the same pan where you cooked the bacon add 2 eggs and just fry them. Don't scramble your eggs.

When your pasta is fulling cooked, add them to the eggs and start tossing to coat the pasta with the eggs. Add the Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.

Place the spaghetti on a dish.


Remember the bowl with the bacon?
Add some fried dried onion to it. This can be fold in any Asian supermarket and comes in handy for great flavoring.

Finally, place the bacon and onion on top of the spaghetti and you're ready to eat.


I love a good pan fried egg, and bacon is always good. It's a quick pasta dish that you can make, gives a bit of a homey brunch feeling.

2 comments: