Wednesday, April 13, 2011

La Zarza Resto-Lounge

I'm a roll with using my vouchers these past few weeks. I actually bought this last year and never came around to using it because... I have no idea.

J and I finally made reservations and hauled our butts to this nice and cozy small restaurant. The interior was definitely dim and it actually reminded me of the restaurants in Cancun within the hotels. Funny thing - apparently that night we dined in was a Speed Dating night. Another funny thing - all the dudes and dudettes were Asian. A bit weird but nonetheless quite amusing. But, they were soon moved to a private room so we couldn't see anything but we did hear bells ringing for them to rotate.

Back to my dining experience...
We got our drinks quite fast. I had the Payoso Loco which tasted like Bacardi Raspberry but in an extremely red way, quite sparkling as well. But, the drinks are overpriced but they were indeed good. For appetizers, we had mussels and sweetbread. They were absolutely delicious, the mussels were very plumped and they gave a very generous amount. The sweetbread was cooked perfectly, so you wouldn't get tired of the texture and taste of it. Might I add the salad along with the sweetbreads was an amazing touch, the dressing they used (which I have no idea what) was tangy yet sweet and paired really well with the sweetbreads.

For entrees, I had the NY Strip and J had the lamb chops. I really liked his lamb chops, just because it was cooked nicely, but the mushroom risotto that came along with the dish was way too overpowering. Too cheesy and way too much of it on the bottom of the lamb. My NY strip was ginormous, but was cooked too well done when I asked for medium. I think I'll just pass on entree next time and stick with the appetizers. To end the meal, we got the Churros. Since we were at a Spanish restaurant, why not choose their churros! Fresh and crispy with chocolate dipping, not bad at all.

Mejillones De Invierno
Mollejas Con Salsa Criolla
Corderito Pampero
NY Strip

Churros

I realized that my photos under dark lighting really sucks...
I'm hoping I'll be able to get a new camera by summer, something with better focus in dark lighting or bright lighting. Any suggestions?

La Zarza Resto-Lounge
166 1st Ave
New York, NY 10009
(212) 477-1111 

4 comments:

  1. OoO i been wanting 2 get camera since last year... but been postponing it forever~

    my fd suggested Nikkon~

    http://www.nikonusa.com/Nikon-Products/Product/Digital-SLR-Cameras/25478/D5100.html?icid=hp-1-5100

    I always bought those small digital ones but this time I plan to buy the better.. bigger ones.. haha dunno if you're up for that or not ~

    xoxo Hitomineko xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw. thx for your suggestion for my blog layout =)

    xoxo hitomineko xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @HitomiNeko - Yea, I've been thinking of getting dslr also but it's so big! It would be weird carrying that huge camera into a restaurant and start snapping photos. J already has a Nikon D5000 so I think I'm going to pass on the dslr. I might just try and find a really good point and shoot or a camera that's just one step up from a point and shoot but not quite a dslr.

    But thanks for the suggestion =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog and your pictures it's yummy with the food!!!!!! def. following you now! when you get a chance by by my blog and check it out and hopefully my writing will send you sparks so you can also become one of my followers too!

    http://lifemadness-linhy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete