Monday, April 18, 2011

Luke's Lobster

This actually wasn't my first time at Luke's but the Nth time. J and I went to the one in the Lower East Side tons of times but we decided to give the Upper East Side a try. Why? They had fried clams and shrimps, and anything fried will get us there in a heartbeat. It was a long trip up to the UES since we both work way below midtown.

Finally hiked to the place, a lot bigger and roomier than the one in LES. We were so excited to order but we got shot down pretty quick. They didn't have the fried items! I was in panic. Seems that they don't have the fryer anymore, and they only had it the first month when they first started opening up the place. Oh, what disappointment! But that ok, because we got our usual Noah's Ark which consists of -- 2-half lobster roll, 2-half crab rolls, 2-half shrimp rolls, 4-empress claws, 2-bags of chips, 2-bottles of beverage. And if that wasn't good enough, we wanted to try their New England Clam Chowder.

Noah's Ark
New England Clam Chowder
I think I was perfectly satisfied with or without the fried clams/shrimps. I'm sure J was also but he was still hungry afterward, men just got a big appetite. I'm telling you, once you eat at Luke's all the other lobster rolls just won't suffice. I guess it's because they don't cover their lobster in endless thick mayo. Plus, their bread is so crispy and buttered up. And, there's something about their special spice. You can find that spice in a red claw, which is apparently in the first photo above.

If you come here, you definitely won't be disappointed. By the way, their bathroom is a lot roomier than it looks and watch out for the creepy lobster photo in the bathroom!

Multiple locations, but I went to...

Luke's Lobster
242 E 81st St
New York, NY 10028
(212) 249-4241  

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks delish! Thanks for sharing bc I am HUNGRY now hah.

    Oh to answer your Q (sorry I took a while): My blazer is an open shawl blazer with no buttons. I totally understand where you're coming from about open sweater/jackets but this one was so perfect! =]

    ReplyDelete