Sunday, May 1, 2011

Flex Mussels

I'm so excited that it's May already. The weather has been nice the past few weeks which makes eating out a lot more enjoyable. J had found out about this place a while back and since I love seafood, it was perfect!

It's an all-you-can-eat mussels fiesta. Surprisingly, the price is only $20 but there's a time limit and only 3 different broths you can choose from. The special starts at 5:30 and ends at 7pm. Along with the mussels you get fries as your side and a glass of beer.


The neighborhood was quite nice. And those cherry blossom trees makes it look that much more inviting.

Fried Oysters

The pot of mussels were pretty huge. There are 3 different broths like I said before, Classic, Dijon, and Fra Diavolo. All 3 are absolutely delicious, my favorite would be the Classic. Call me bland but it tasted so simple and fresh. The fries are good also, perfectly seasoned with salt and there's ketchup to accompany it.

Flex Donuts
For dessert, we had their donuts. Heard they made some good ones so we gave it a try. There were so many flavors or should I say fillings? From left to right in the photo above, Fluffermutter, PBJ, Chocolate, and Strawberry Shortcake. All the way on the left is the vanilla bean dipping and that was the bomb!

Definitely an enjoyable meal. $20 for all-you-can-devour mussels plus fries was absolutely amazing. If you're a seafood lover, or a mussel lover you would love this place. They also have other amazing broth which I will be trying the next time I come. By the way, they specialize in oysters so be sure to check out their daily specials.

They have two locations, one in the West Village and the other in the Upper East Side.

Flex Mussels
154 W 13th St
New York, NY 10011
(212) 229-0222 

4 comments:

  1. if only i live in the big apple then i an bring my hubby there, he luvs luvs luvs mussels or shell-fish in general~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE mussels!! I'm definitely going to try this place when I get the chance to go to NY

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what, I've never tried mussels but I heard they're really good. Definitely gotta do that because I'm a huge food lover :)

    Followed your blog BTW, stop by Alee's Perspective sometime & say whats up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your entire meal looks DELISH! Thank you for posting these yummy photographs!

    ReplyDelete