Monday, July 25, 2011

Tianjin Xianbing

I found this little shop on Yelp and was surprised at how close it was to all the times I've been to Flushing. I probably walked passed it a dozen times and never realized. Tianjin Xianbing is part of the Golden Mall on Main Street in Flushing, Queens. I often go to Flushing for the quality of the food they offer there.


Beef Roll, is what they called it. I tried saying beef wrap, beef cake, yea I was a total fail. The menu here is all in Chinese, so it's either best to have a friend that can read or just look around until you find something that appeals to you. I saw this roll on yelp and thought instantly that I need to try it. Luckily, my Chinese reading skills kicked in in a pretty good time.

The Beef Roll consist of stew beef which is packed with flavor, using a scallion pancake to roll it up is pretty genius. One thing though, this snack is an overkill in oil. J and I got to the bottom of the roll and shook our head. Ended up throwing away about an inch of the roll, a waste but it's better than clogging up our arteries. It's a tasty treat, until you reached the bottom...

Tianjin Xianbing
41-28 Main St, D1
Queens, NY 11355
(212) 518-1952 

No comments:

Post a Comment