Monday, November 7, 2011

The Palm Restuarant

I've heard good things about The Palm, probably not around New York. I first heard about The Palm on a television show and it was said to be pretty popular in California. Being the greedy person that I am, I searched to see if there's any around here in NYC... and there was a ton of them.

It just so happened that The Palm was having their 85th anniversary. They offered a Surf and Turf with 2 appetizers and 2 sides for just $85, total deal. I love lobster so 2 lobster tails and an 18 ounce steak was enough to make me happy.

How can one forget about bread bowls and butter? I love their butter because it's whipped, so soft and just the right amount of salt. I just couldn't stop with the butter.

A delicious cocktail that consist of pineapple, orange juice, and whiskey. Totally forgot the name.

J's margarita on the rocks with salted rim. Gosh so salty!

Autumn Salad
J chose this for me, now I wished he chose the Caesar Salad since I know I'll definitely eat that. This tasted interesting, so many elements within the salad. I guess it just didn't work for me, arugula, pears, walnuts, blue cheese in a balsamic vinaigrette.

Lobster Bisque
Ok, J chose the better appetizer. :le sigh: This was just so rich and yummy with chunks of lobster meat. I can also taste the heaviness of the cream that was added to the soup.

Half and Half
Fried onion strips and potato slices. I really like the potato cause it tasted just like potato chips, but a lot more healthier. I passed on the onions, never really an onion kind of gal.

Green Beans
I was so happy when I finally chose something food for the night! Although they might look oily but tasted so good. Sauteed with panchetta and pine nuts, definitely one of the best side dishes I ever had.

Surf and Turf
The star of the night. I loved the beef steak tomatoes on the side, goes extremely well with the steak. We had the steak cooked medium rare, was told by the boyfriend since he seems to know his steaks better than I. Surely, he was right. The steak came out tender and just right. The lobster was good also, can't really mess up a lobster tail unless you over or under cook it but then with a place like The Palm I'm sure they can master just a tiny lobster tail.

The meal sure didn't disappoint. J and I were both stuffed and definitely a satisfying meal. A dinner that can easily cost around $200 came out to less than $60 a person which was such a bargain.

The Palm Restaurant
Various Locations

The one I went to....
837 2nd Ave
New York, NY 10017
(212) 687-2953

No comments:

Post a Comment