Thursday, November 24, 2011

Weekday Lunch: Oms/b

The day right before Thanksgiving and I was feeling for some rice balls. I'm starting to appreciate rainy days since it means less people which means little to no lines when I go out for lunch. I heard Oms/b had a variety of rice balls and after glancing at their menu, I was intrigued.

I ordered the Special Set which varies each day - I'm assuming. I didn't get to choose which rice balls but I did get to choose the soup. The set includes, 3 rice balls, appetizer and any soup. 

Miso Soup
Great Miso Soup, it even has cabbage. As long as it had tofu, I'm a happy camper.

Wasabi Shrimp
I was afraid to eat this one since it contained wasabi. I'm not a huge wasabi fan and by the look of it, looks like there was a lot of wasabi smeared into the rice ball. I finally got the courage to bite down (yes, I sound like a wuss) and it wasn't overwhelming at all. They had decent pieces of shrimp inside, not bad.

Spicy Tuna
I'm more of a spicy salmon kinda gal but I have nothing against spicy tuna. Tasted like regular tuna but with rice. This wasn't so great but it was good.

Miso Sesame Rice Croquette
Surprisingly my favorite and it just so happened to be fried also. A nicely intact rice ball that was fried to perfection. Crispy on the outside and just fluffy on the inside, you get a bit of miso sesame paste on top which is technically all you need to make this rice ball amazing.

I'm definitely a fan now. I can't wait for my next visit to try out more of the other rice balls.

Oms/b
156 E 45th St
New York, NY 10017
(212) 922-9788

1 comment: