Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Snack Asia

Oh man, where should I start with this place? I've been trying to find a place like this in NYC because I just couldn't stand the fact that I would have to travel all the way to Hong Kong to experience the food and all. Somehow I landed at Snack Asia through Yelp and knew that this is the place I must visit.

J and I were surprised with all the times we were in 8 Ave, we never noticed this place. It's pretty much tucked on a corner and without the bright orange awning, you would most likely miss it.

They have different quick eats that you can pick up. If you're in a hurry and want inexpensive Chinese food, this is definitely the place to head to.


Rice Noodle Rolls with Fish Balls.
It was fun eating this because there were no forks chopsticks for this, but skewer sticks. For some odd reason, I actually wanted to eat like that before. Maybe I saw it on TV or something but it's nice to be able to use other forms of utensils rather than the norm. They actually put peanut sauce in this, total win! I know J loves his peanut sauce, that's actually how I got him to come...


Pan-fried Soy Sauce Noodles.
One of my all time favorite. They already had this cooked and just scooped it in the container when you order it. There isn't much going on in the noodles but just the sauce and noodle with a little chive on top. Usually at restaurants, they sauteed the entire thing with some bean sprouts...and I always see more bean sprouts than noodles. But this was pretty good.


Egg Puff.
Please excuse the photo. I actually took a piece before I noticed I haven't taken a photo yet, hence you see the missing piece at the lower right corner. It was so good, like oh my god amazingly good. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside with the right amount of sweetness to the batter. I could eat these thing every day. Even J said it's pretty close to how it is in Hong Kong, score!

I'll definitely stop by here whenever I'm in the neighborhood. It's a good place when you're low on money and want some great food. No lie, it's that good! Just writing about it is making me sad because I can't have any now...

Snack Asia
5824 8th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11220
(718) 567-7558

No comments:

Post a Comment