Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dough - I like how you're chewy and full because it's satisfying

J and I saw a video on Dough and was mesmerize by how they make their donuts and all the different flavors of frosting they have. So, on a spontaneous morning we decided to drive there and have our morning fix of donuts and coffee.


The selection of donuts weren't that big but the donuts itself were huge. They all look amazingly good also, there were some that sounded a bit too sweet so I passed...even though I have no idea how it might taste. Definitely don't let that deter you away from wanting to try it.


We got our Small Coffee ($1.50) and went straight to the coffee station to fix it up. The milk were in the fridge right next to the coffee station.


There were only 4 stools inside Dough, 2 facing the window and 2 facing the kitchen area where they whip up the donuts. Homey.


Sugared Donut Holes (4 for $1.25) are a great way to get rid of the holes inside the donut. They also make great snacks. Chewy and light, I can snack on this all afternoon.


The Blood Orange Donut ($2.25) is rich in flavor, tangy and a tad bit of sweetness is a great blend for a donut. I took the orange slice off since it was getting in my way and I had no idea if it's suppose to be eaten or not... Nonetheless, I enjoyed the donut. It was not your average Dunkin Donut's donut, it was ginormous, to a point where I couldn't even finish it.


J got the Lemon Poppy Seed Donut ($2.25), don't let the appearance deceive you. This was lemon-y goodness. Mind you, it got some of my blood orange on it because the girl behind the counter just smooshed it in a paper bag.


If you're not in the mood for coffee, they have a fridge full of other beverages OR if you love coffee, they have it in cans so you can buy them and brew it at home.

Truthfully, I would stay away from the coffee here and just get their donuts because the coffee wasn't so great. A bit watered down and luke warm to my taste.

Dough
305 Franklin Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11205
(347) 533-7544 

No comments:

Post a Comment