Wednesday, February 27, 2013

John's Deli - The magic is in the sauce

The day was raining, yet J and I decided to head over to John's Deli for their famous roast beef sandwich. I wasn't crazy about it, I mean it's just a sandwich with a creepy dark sauce on it. But since J wanted to try it so much, well he's been thinking about it for a while now so why not check this off our list.

We came a bit past noon and it was starting to get crowded. Luckily, we got a table before it was all filled. John's Deli isn't the greatest nor prettiest place but they have good quality food. They have it written somewhere for their patrons to read, that if you're in hurry then this place isn't for you. Our order wasn't quick but it didn't take too long either.


Our lunch! We basically split everything since it was our first time here and seeing so many things on the counter, we wanted to get it all.


J saw a whole tray of the Focaccia ($?) and he wanted a slice. To me, it was a slice of white pizza with onions. Quite delicious though.


I wanted to try their rice balls and J chose the Ham & Mozzarella Riceballs ($3.00). I wasn't so thrilled about it, a bit on the sweeter side and it definitely had corn incorporated into the rice which I didn't like. The consistency was good but the taste did not appeal to me.


The star of it all! The infamous Roast Beef Sandwich with Mutz and Gravy ($7.75) was the bomb! Simple yet so tasty. I loved how the bread was lightly toasted and the creepy dark gravy was delicious! It complimented the whole sandwich since roast beef is on the dry side. The onions added flavor and texture to the sandwich making it quite impeccable. Next time, I'm not sharing.


At first glance, I thought there was an egg in there but it was just the mozzarella. Now, how would it be if an egg was added? Probably heavenly. I can't wait for my next visit.

So, if you ever had boring and plain roast beef, do give John's Deli a go because this will excite you.

John's Deli
2033 Stillwell Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11223
(718) 372-7481 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy.... Great blog you have here. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete