Monday, March 4, 2013

Audrey's Concerto - A little symphony to keep the sweetness going

Audrey's Concerto is a great cafe, especially in Brooklyn. Opened up and run by Chinese people, the desserts are light and quite creative.

I came here twice, once was takeout while the other time, I finally got the chance to sit down and enjoy.

There's limited seats here, 2 large tables that sits about 4-6 and then 2 comfortable cushion chairs and also a "bar."


The cafe is really clean and everything was so organized. We came on a snowy day which is why it looked so beautiful outside. The staff behind the counter were very friendly and helpful. Would never thought that J and I would have a light conversation with them.


Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, Coffee and Shaved Dark Chocolate ($3.25)
Lavender Honey Creme Brulee ($3.25, takeout is an extra $1.50 for the cup)
Green Tea Tiramisu ($3.25)
Strawberry Rose Mousse ($3.25)
The desserts were interesting and majority of them revolved around mousse or pudding. All of them were unique in their own way and truthfully, I didn't have a favorite. None really "wow-ed" me but it doesn't mean I won't head back for more.


What I really liked was the Lavender Rose Tea w/ Honey ($3.50?). It didn't have a strong tea taste at all but just enough for you to notice and the honey worked so well. Pairing a tea with a sweet dessert really helps balance out everything. Not to mention the teabag is so pretty, you can actually see the petals.

I like the concept of Audrey's Concerto and I would come back, I would even recommend it even though the desserts weren't crazy amazing. It's a good cafe to check out and definitely different that your average Chinese bakery.

Audrey's Concerto
2379 86th St
Brooklyn, NY 11214
(718) 266-2829

No comments:

Post a Comment