Friday, March 25, 2011

Dessert Works: Beard Papa

Hands down the best cream puff in NYC. No doubt, no contemplation, no nothing.

I use to get my cream puff from the Beard Papa by 8 Street NYU, but that closed down. I was going to pay a visit to the one in the West Village but that closed down not too long after the first one closed. So, the only one that is still open in NYC is the one all the way in the Upper West Side. But, in order to get the food that you love, you need to go great lengths. Well, I didn't but J did. The price didn't seem to change, at least I don't think it did. Heck, I would pay $2 each for these suckers but of course it was less than that.

The puffs are freshly made each day and they are ready to be squeezed with the cream filling when you order them so the puffs wouldn't get soggy. The reason I praise this place so much is because their filling is perfect. It's not overly sweetened and they give you a decent amount of cream - no pun intended. On rare days they even have different flavors from green tea to pumpkin. The best which I always find myself ordering is the vanilla, can't go wrong with that.



Pretty big huh?
They're a decent size. And each bite is so light, it even feels light. I like how I can eat 2-3 without feeling guilty or feel too sick because of the cream. Oh, and the powdered sugar on top is a plus!

2167 Broadway
New York, NY 10024
(212) 799-3770  

No comments:

Post a Comment