Monday, March 28, 2011

Thai NY

I'm on a Thai binge these days. Been craving for Thai food, especially the Pad Thai. Maybe it's different to my taste buds, Chinese noodles just don't cut it half the time because I eat that so often. Thai NY is literally right next to Jaiya, a recent restaurant I visited twice and did a review about down below.

I've been to Thai NY before, but for some reason I don't remember much about it. It was actually for dinner the first time around and maybe it just didn't hit the spot because I wasn't hungry. So, I pay another visit to Thai NY for their lunch special.

Their lunch specials weren't bad at all. They had a complimentary appetizer along with your main entree. Prices ranges from $6.95-9.95, depending on your liking of vegetables or meat.

Tom Yum Soup
Edamame
Tofu Pad Thai
Vegetable Duck Pad Thai
First of all, the service was pretty fast. The waitress seated J and I at the same spot we sat at the first time we came here, sweet. The appetizers came out quick, then again how hard is it to make soup and edamame. First time trying Tom Yum Soup, it was spicy and sour but nothing that can't be handled. Although the specs of spice (red little chilis) can't really make a person choke. Maybe it's just me and I don't know how to eat spicy food but I keep choking, but it really tasted good.

The Pad Thai were tasty, it came out when I was in the middle of my appetizer. No complaints because I like my food coming out fast. If only their lemons were a bit juicier, I find myself really having to work the remaining juice out of it. The noodles were al dente, cooked perfectly. Taste-wise, it tasted like an authentic Pad Thai. I like how they used thinner noodles here, a lot of places use the traditional pad thai noodles that are slightly wider than this.

Thai NY is certainly quite a roomy place. They have endless amount of tables that extends all the way to the back (this restaurants probably takes up half the block). 

394 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10116
(212) 696-2888 

No comments:

Post a Comment