Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lioni's Italian Heroes

I have seen this place on Yelp before and knew it was a must-go to place on my list. I know J wouldn't object either since they had prosciutto and freshly made in-house mozzarella.

J and I decided to visit this place on Labor Day. It was actually a risky move since we didn't bother to know if they were open or not (we just crossed our fingers and hope it was open). Lucky us, they were open but were closing up early for the day. Without further hesitation, we got on line and ordered our heroes. I knew what I wanted since it was literally posted all over Yelp. As for J, he's more adventurous and greedy.


A big counter and an insanely big menu. They have over 150 items on their menu, which means about 150 sandwiches!


Lots of different breads.


I had #21 and he had #139. The names are quite long so good thing they numbered each one.


Yummy Boylan drinks. The best one is the Ginger Ale!

#21 - Jerry Vale (Prosciutto di Parma, Lioni Fresh Mozzarella, pesto sauce, olive oil, black pepper)
My hero was uber amazing. I loved how light it was but I still get my prosciutto. The mozzarella is amazing, so fresh and you can totally taste the homemade-ness from it. I shall get their mozzarella ball the next time I go to munch on at home.

#139 - Doo Wopper Hero (Prosciutto di Parma Capicola, Sopressata, Lioni Fresh Mozzarella, Provolone, Bruschetta and Balsamic Vinegar)
Not too bad. J's greedy hero. Once he saw like 3 different types of meat on it he was set on getting it. If you love meat, I would suggest this. I thought it was alright, but it didn't blow me away. I guess I like balance, I needed some greens or veggies!

Hands down the best sandwiches in Brooklyn. I'm definitely coming back.

Lioni's Italian Heroes
7803 15th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11228
(718) 232-1166

No comments:

Post a Comment