Monday, September 26, 2011

Ideya Restaurant

J and I visited this place out of random. We intended to go to a newly opened restaurant that had a Mexican and Japanese fusion but apparently they weren't open for business yet. How disappointing. So, out of hunger and desperation, we needed to find a place to cure our stomach. Lucky enough, Ideya's front was bright and lively. J got drawn in by it so we gave it a shot.

I have to say, I was skeptical at first but J was persistent and not to mention I didn't want to annoy him anymore than I had.

Ideya was known for their mojitos. Claims to be the best in NYC so I just had to try it.

I love good cornbread and what's better than complimentary jalapeno cornbread. Not at all spicy or full of heat, you taste the fragrant of the jalapeno and the rest is just yummy cornbread. Soft and slightest moist, keeps you yearning for more.

Island Punch
Guava Mojito
The drinks are absolutely amazing here. J had the Island Punch which tasted heavily of rum, the taste is a lot more stronger so if you're a weak drinker or want something that's light, stick with the mojito. My Guava Mojito was very refreshing and really good. The best mojito I ever tasted.

Huevos Ideya
For some odd reason, J always seems to order the best dishes. Well, still works for me since I get to have some. A great twist on the classic eggs benedict, I love the corn arepas that substituted the english muffins and instead of ham/bacon there's the chorizo. The sweetness of the corn arepas really worked with the dish. Next time, I'm ordering this!

Salmón
My dish wasn't bad either, I was hungry so I wanted something big. The salmon was grilled nicely, even though it was charred on the outside, it was still moist on the inside. The piece of salmon was a decent size also. And the salad that came with it, superb.

I need to come back for some more mojito.

Ideya Restaurant
349 W Broadway
New York, NY 10013
(212) 625-1441

No comments:

Post a Comment