Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekday Lunch: Sophie's Cuban Cuisine

I've only had Sophie's once before and it was a nice experience, I just can't believe it took me this long to step my foot back into Sophie's again - it was about 4 years ago.

Ever since I changed my job location, I had to start all over and see what's around my office to lunch on. I totally forgot how Sophie's taste since it's been so long. They usually have different specials for each day of the week. I like the entrees that includes 2 sides, it's a sufficient amount that will definitely fill you up within $8-10 each. They even have sandwiches if you feel for a Cuban Panini but I like a hearty meal.

Ox Tail Stew w/ yellow rice and maduros
I always had a thing for ox tail (no not some crazy weird fetish thing), I just like how they taste. My mom would occasionally make soup with it and stewing it sounds quite fantastic also. I knew I had to get the Ox Tail Stew and what's better than having it with rice. The sauce from the stew soaked the rice making it taste so much better. I also really like the maduros, fried sweet plantains. A bit on the oily side but it was so sweet and I love bananas.

Sophie's Cuban Cuisine is a great place if you're in the mood for some home cook meals. They are a chain restaurant, so map them and maybe you'll be in luck if you have one near you.

Sophie's Cuban Cuisine
805 3rd Ave
Lower Atrium

New York, NY 10022
(212) 308-1024

No comments:

Post a Comment