Monday, October 17, 2011

Dessert Works: Sprinkles Cupcake

I'm not a fan of sweets much, especially when it comes to cupcakes. I rather have the cake less the frosting. But hearing that Sprinkles makes really good cupcakes, I just had to try it for myself. I need to be my own judge.

The staffs behind the counter were extremely friendly. The cupcakes were a decent size and they were priced at $3.50 each. If you follow them on twitter, they have a word-of-the-day daily and if you go in there with the word, you can get a free cupcake!

I saw the frosting on the cupcake and I was already afraid. I know how sweet and sugary frostings can be, but I was hoping this wouldn't be overly sweet. I was wrong...

Ginger Lemon Cupcake
Red Velvet Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
The cupcakes were incredibly sweet. I mean, if you have a sweet tooth and love sweets, then Sprinkles would totally be for you. I have to say, the cake is really good. Nice and soft, just the way I love my cakes. So far, they make the best Velvet. I usually avoid Velvets because of the cream cheese frosting but Sprinkles works for me. I hate the overwhelming taste of cream cheese in my frosting, good thing Sprinkles made it more sweet than anything else. By the way, you can totally see the inch thick layer of frosting on top of the cake in the photos above.

Sprinkles Cupcake
780 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10065
(212) 207-8375

3 comments: