Monday, October 24, 2011

Bon Chon Chicken

Bon Chon is like a fast food chain, they're literally everywhere. But one can't be compared to all others since they're all under different chefs, managers, and has a different atmosphere.

J and I had a voucher to redeem at one of the Bon Chon. I wanted to go ASAP since I've been craving for Korean fried chicken. Korean fried chicken is definitely the good stuff, double fried and drenched in the sauce of your choice - either soy garlic or spicy. Since I need to spend X amount of money, we also ordered lychee soju and deuk boki.

Deuk boki (might be spelling it wrong), is a Korea rice cake in their spicy sauce. This version however has fish cake, cabbage, and cheese. It goes great if you want something to fill you up besides the chicken. We couldn't resist the lychee soju, the scent of lychee with a hint of taste and then you get the full blast of soju. I love how this Bon Chon makes their soju, 80% soju and just 20% lychee... just how it's suppose to be.

We ordered the 20-piece wing of soy-garlic. We nearly got sick of it afterward but it just tasted so good. Everything was cleared out because we were that hungry.

Might I add this happened before 12 p.m., that's right, we drank in the morning. Definitely a great way to start the day.

This location has made it to my top list of Bon Chons. The restaurant is spacious, good service and the background music selection is great. They even have a huge projector displaying the MV on the walls, the songs are of the 90s which is perfect. They even have some Korean music thrown in there. This place is looove... at least for me.

Bon Chon Chicken
325 5th Ave
New York, NY 10016
(212) 686-8282

2 comments:

  1. I really like duk boki! :D
    I haven't had it in so long. Your food pictures always make me hungry. you'd think with the amount of food that I eat I wouldn't get hungry looking at other people's posts, but I still do! xD haha


    <3,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I also have brownies baking in the oven right now! hahahha

    ReplyDelete