Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weekday Lunch: Urban Lobster Shack

I love lobster. So when I found out there was a lobster shack near my workplace, I was ecstatic. The only place I ever a lobster roll before was Luke's and I fell in love instantly.

I placed my order with the girl behind the counter and waited about 5-7 minutes for my order. I was thinking, ooo taking a while so it must be fresh. I saw they also had fish and chips, even fried clam strips so I know next time I'll go back for those.

Lobster BLT
I ordered the Lobster BLT. I thought it was interesting so I gave it a shot, plus it was the special of the day. Oh, how easily I give into things.

Definitely looks appetizing but the taste speaks otherwise. Even the bacon looks dried like it's been sitting there for days...
I like the idea of parsley on the lobster roll but it doesn't enhance anything at all. There was a lot of lobster meat, to a point where I couldn't stuff the lettuce, tomato and bacon. But it's just too bad that the lobster meat was extremely bland. The lobster is mixed with mayo and celery, pretty much like a lobster salad. I was greatly disappointed. I know I won't be getting another lobster roll from them, but as for the other fried goodies I will definitely give it a go.

Urban Lobster Shack
805 Third Ave
Manhattan, NY 10022

4 comments:

  1. darn :(
    I was excited when I saw this post because it looked so appetizing. I hate when food looks great but then it turns out to be disappointing


    <3,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, finally I found a great blog about food! :) I'll watch u, 'cause I LOVE FOOD <3 :D
    kisses, Andrea :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dana Yoshimizu I know! Looks can be so deceiving sometimes >.<

    ReplyDelete