Thursday, July 5, 2012

Artichoke Basille's Pizza & Brewery

So, it was the day before July 4th and I got out early from work. Met up with J and had no idea where we're going. Somehow we arrived at Artichoke Pizza shop. I've heard about this place but never actually thought of going there. I mean, artichoke and pizza?


The slice of pizza was pretty big. I had to have it sliced in half so J and I can share it. The slice cost $4.50 which is a bit hefty on the price but it's a specialty pizza and I'm sure not a lot of places are able to pull a great tasting artichoke pizza.


The artichoke pizza was extremely creamy, more so than cheesy. I was hoping it was the other way around. The slice was quite thick and after heating it up, it was so crunchy. By the time you get to the crust, it's so hard and dry that you want to just toss it out.

The pizza was good. Nothing great. I wouldn't go out of my way to get it the second time around but it was definitely something different than your regular tomato and cheese pizza.

Artichoke Basille's Pizza & Brewery
328 E 14th St
New York, NY 10003
(212) 228-2004

No comments:

Post a Comment