Monday, July 30, 2012

Bubble Me: Teariffic

It's funny how I never ordered the Bubble Milk Tea here. I've been to Teariffic so many times and it just never cross my mind to order it because they just have so many other great drinks.


I had mine ordered to-go. The service was pretty fast and the person behind the register asked if I needed a bag, how nice. The price for this was $3.20, odd price. If you had it to stay, it would've been $2.95 not including tax, so after tax it came out to that weird price. Teariffic still had the old fashion dome lids for the BMT, a lot of places uses the vacuum seal lids instead now.

As for the taste of the BMT, it was really good. I can taste the tea which is what I look for nowadays when drinking this concoction. The drink was also shaken which gives it that frothy nice mixture and the frothy bubbles you see on the top of the cup. It was not overly sweetened which I appreciate since a lot of places make it way too sweet (hence they have the level of sweetness for you to choose from now). The tapioca balls were good also, chewy on the outside but still had that slight denseness in the center. With each bite, you can taste that they cooked the tapioca in a heavy sweet syrup which is why their milk tea isn't so sweet.

I enjoyed this BMT a lot and even went back the next day to get another one. The consistency and taste was the same the following day. Excellent.

Overall --
Service 4/5
Atmosphere 4/5
Taste 4.5/5
Likelihood to return is 100%

51 Mott Street
New York, NY 10013
(212) 393-9009

No comments:

Post a Comment