Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Enid's - You took me back even though I said no

I can't remember the last time I had brunch with J. Actually I can't remember the last time J took me somewhere for brunch and not let me know where it is. I really love the feeling of surprises, wished he did this more often.

I really had no idea where we were going until I saw the name of the restaurant on its front door. It sounded familiar because J wanted to take me here before. I said no to the idea because it was so far and a little out of the way to commute to. No more excuses now since J drove. =]


The place was quite large once we were able to get in. The door knob was a lot lower than expected. Especially when you have a tall guy like my boyfriend trying to open the door.
Starting off with some drinks, I had the Grimosa ($7) and he had the Hot Ginger Whiskey ($7). Extremely well done drinks, especially the whiskey. You can't taste much of the whiskey at all but the aroma of it can definitely get me high. I would love to have this every time I'm sick.


J ordered the Fried Jalapeno Cheese Grits ($10) which was pretty good and also healthy. He actually got some greens with his dish. The biscuit were probably the best part because it was crunchy and flaky at the same time. Add some butter on and dam...I can eat a whole basket of this!


I decided on the Garlic Shrimp and Grits ($12), not too sure why I ordered it because I'm not that crazy about shrimps. But let me tell you this, I'm so glad I ordered it. The garlic sauce was amazing and flavored the grits oh so well. The shrimps were cooked to perfection. We both had eggs sunny-side up because we love the runny yolk. If I don't have toast or bread on hand, I usually just pop the entire yolk in my mouth...mmm runny goodness.

I wouldn't mind coming back because the waitresses were friendly and the atmosphere is very welcoming. The feeling was very laid back and relaxing. Plus, they got a full bar.

Enid's
560 Manhattan Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11222
(718) 349-3859

No comments:

Post a Comment