Saturday, January 19, 2013

Tom's - The decorations are still hanging and shining

J took me to Tom's one of the weekday mornings, I was taken by surprise because he didn't tell me where beforehand. I liked that. We nearly couldn't find the place until we saw this restaurant (well, we didn't even know it was a restaurant until we took a step closer) that was covered with Christmas decorations. J thought it was a shop that sold trees and holiday ornaments but it was actually Tom's.

They open bright and early, we were the first patrons of the day. Sat anywhere we wanted and were handed the menu immediately.

Very laid back and casual diner.


The menu was full of various different dishes (front and back) to order for breakfast. It was a lot to comprehend and then decide...way too early for this.



It looked really festive inside, or maybe they were either too busy or lazy to take down the decorations. Either way, it was really attractive inside.


My coffee ($?) came first alongside a tin can of milk. I like my coffee with a lot of milk, actually I'm glad they serve the coffee with milk and not just cream.


A plate of condiments started rolling in. Pancake syrup, regular butter and flavored butter.


The different flavored butter were so unique and delicious. Makes me want to make my own butter now, yum!


J had the Special 2 by 2 by 2 Combo ($9) which consist of two large pancakes, 2 eggs (any style) and your choice of ham, bacon or sausage. Definitely a good deal for breakfast and it's a big portion also.


I had the Eggs Florentine ($11) with home fries on the side. It was really good and filling. They gave a lot of spinach which I love and everything came together nicely.

The orders were done pretty quick. The entire meal was very satisfying and left us very happy that morning. Would love to come back to try their lunch and also the famous Cherry Lime Ricky.

Tom's
782 Washington Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11238
(718) 636-9738

No comments:

Post a Comment